Merry Christmas Eve, Wanderers!
Christmas is literally one day away, like what?! Is anyone else feeling a little underprepared and overwhelmed? Yes, all of my Christmas shopping is complete as of Thursday *insert praise break* but there’s still a ton of things to do.
Sidebar: If anyone wants to wrap gifts for me, I’ll greatly appreciate it.
On top of that, despite all my efforts to get into the Christmas spirit, I’ve been feeling a little blah. Can anyone else relate? Is it just me or is it just not feeling like Christmas yet? Maybe that’s a side effect of getting old lol. So to cure my Christmas flu (that’s what we’re going to call it), my friends and I decided to throw an impromptu Christmas party. What better way right? Friends, food, Christmas music, Christmas outfits, and of course Christmas cocktails.
To make things fun, we each were responsible for creating our own cocktail for the group. Here are the recipes for our cocktails, include them in your Christmas Eve or Christmas get-together with friends and family and I’m sure they’ll be a hit.
Sidebar (again): Honestly probably not the best idea we’ve ever had but it was fun at the time. If you decide to make a slew of cocktails, try to stick to the same type of alcohol. Duh right? I’ll spare the details but just learn from our mistakes. Okay back to the recipes…
- Ingredients: Aged Rum, Cranberry Juice, Ginger Ale, Lime Juice, a Pomegranate, Fresh Mint Leaves
- Measurements: 2oz Cruzan Aged Rum, 1 Tablespoon of muddled pomegranates, 1oz Cranberry juice, 1/2 cup of Ginger Ale, 1 Teaspoon of Lime Juice, 2-3 Mint Leaves
- Combine all ingredients except the fresh mint leaves in a large glass. Once combined, sugar the rim of a glass of your choice and pour the mixture in, and garnish with the mint leaves.
White Christmas Sangria
- Ingredients: Dry White Wine, Ginger Ale, White Cranberry Juice, an Apple, an Orange, Blackberries, a Pomegranate
- Measurements: 1 apple (sliced into medium-sized chunks), 1 orange (sliced), 1 pomegranate (muddled), 1 bottle of dry white wine, 1 cup of white cranberry juice, ginger ale (to taste)
- Note: More fruit can be used, we just used what we had in the refrigerator
- Combine all ingredients except the fresh mint leaves in a large glass. Once combined, sugar the rim of a glass of your choice and pour the mixture in, and garnish with a mint leaf.
Jack Frost Margarita
- Ingredients: Silver Tequila, Blue Curacao, White Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice
- Measurements: No specific measurements were used to create this drink, therefore create the drink to your liking. Be creative!
- Ingredients: Ice, Vodka, Eggnog, Kahlua, Nutmeg
- Measurements: 4 counts Vodka (counts = how many seconds to pour), 3 counts eggnog, and 2 counts Kahlua
- Combine all the ingredients except the nutmeg in a large glass. Note: I used French Vanilla Ciroc and store-bought eggnog. Once shaken, pour in a glass of your choice and garnish with nutmeg.